University Entrance (UE) is the minimum requirement to go to a New Zealand university.
To Qualify for University Entrance in 2022 you will need:
- NCEA Level 3
- Three subjects - at Level 3, made up of:
- 14 credits in each of three approved subjects
- Literacy - 10 credits at Level 2 or above, made up of:
- 5 credits in reading
- 5 credits in writing
- Numeracy - 10 credits at Level 1 or above, made up of:
- achievement standards – specified achievement standards available through a range of subjects, or
- unit standards - package of three numeracy unit standards (26623, 26626, 26627- all three required).
Once you have met the requirements for University Entrance it will appear on your Record of Achievement.
Specific courses, such as Engineering, have higher requirements for entry. You must ensure you have selected appropriate courses that will allow you to apply for your intended University Course.